On February 22, 2016, 151 Advisors Partner Steve Brumer moderated a discussion on how to make smart cities with representatives from leading IoT companies and government agencies at Mobile World Congress.
Industry experts were brought together to showcase examples of successful deployments of smart systems throughout the world. The panel discussions centered on what wireless carriers, governments and platform providers need to do to harmonize efforts to improve sustainability, economic performance, and quality of life while also reducing environmental impact.
The Smart Cities Sustainability Conference started with a 10-minute presentation by Chen Jie, SVP of ZTE Corporation, and followed by two panel discussions.
Speakers and Panelists included:
- Chen Jie – SVP – ZTE Corporation
- Francisco Rodríguez Jiménez – Manager, Municipal Institute of Information Technology (IMI) – Barcelona City Council
- Vijay Sammeta – CIO – City of San Jose, CA
- Selina Lo – President & CEO – Ruckus Wireless
- Shrikant Shenwai – CEO – Wireless Broadband Alliance
- Mike Zeto – GM, Smart Cities – AT&T Mobility
- John Ellis – Software Developer & Business Development Veteran, MD – Ellis & Associates
- Charlie Sheridan – Director – Intelligent Cities Lab, Intel
- Hany Fam – President – MasterCard Enterprise Partnerships