On June 29th 2016, Steve Brumer will moderate the session Driving Sustainable Smart Cities at Mobile World Congress Shanghai. The global trade show will host 70,000 attendees, 8,000 companies, and 1,000 exhibitors in seven halls for Shanghai’s largest-ever mobile industry event.
The Driving Sustainable Smart Cities session will focus on how smart city technology is becoming a vital aspect of future development in the Asia Pacific region, where most of the world’s largest and fastest-growing urban areas are developing at a rapid rate. Navigant Research forecasts that annual smart city technology investment in Asia Pacific will almost quadruple by 2023 and reach $11.3 billion.
Speakers will discuss the growing and aging population with urbanization, what are operators, governments and platform providers doing in order to resolve the challenges involved in achieving and maintaining a sustainable smart urban environment. Key industry experts will showcase examples of successful smart systems and discuss how the ecosystem needs to harmonize in order to address the challenges of making smart cities sufficient and sustainable.
Driving Sustainable Smart Cities speakers and panelists include:
- Dr. Mike Lee – EVP, Enterprise & Carrier Business Unit at FET
- Ching-Hui Chao – Chairperson, Research, Development & Evaluation Commission for the Tainan City Government
- Chris Heckscher – VP, Global Service Provider (Asia Pacific & Japan) at Cisco
- Tom Fisher – Regional MD, IoT Cloud (APAC) at Cisco Jasper
- Hongyi Chen – MD, Health & Public Service Lead (Greater China) at Accenture
- Dr. Inhyok Cha – EVP of Platform Technology R&D Center, IoT Solution Business Office at SK Telecom
- Cathy Yeh – Director of IoT, Innovation Center at Microsoft