On July 27th, 2016 at 11 AM ET, Steve Brumer will moderate the Get Street Smart: A Practical Look at Smart City Deployments webinar as part of TIA’s webcast series to discuss how cities around the world are transforming their increasingly congested landscapes into safer, smarter, and more sustainable environments with IoT and a smart city strategy. Steve will be joined by IoT experts Josh Waddell (Global Vice President, IoT Strategy at SAP) and Michael Zeto (Director of Smart Cities at AT&T).
Smart Cities are enabling a continuous exchange of information between devices, infrastructure, networks and people, creating immense possibilities for the broader IoT ecosystem and the communications industry. The Get Street Smart webinar will focus on questions to identify what truly makes a city smart.
- What applications and solutions are currently being deployed and what more will be developed?
- What types of critical network infrastructure needs to exist in order to enable a more connected society?
- What role will fiber, LPWANs, densified small cells and DAS, massive MIMO, and other solutions play as these networks deploy?
- How can we protect the data being transmitted around the city?
- What lessons have been learned thus far and are there business opportunities and models to support the growth of what promises to be an exciting area of communications development?
- What is the best way to inform citizens and local government officials of the importance of smart city strategy implementations and the return on investment?
TIA (Telecommunications Industry Association) is the leading trade association representing the global information and communications technology (ICT) industry through standards development, policy initiatives, business opportunities, market intelligence and networking events.
To view the Get Street Smart: A Practical Look at Smart City Deployments webinar click here.