Motorola Mobility fuses innovative technology with human insights to create experiences that simplify, connect and enrich people’s lives. Its portfolio includes converged mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets, wireless accessories, end-to-end video and data delivery, and management solutions that include set tops and data-access devices.
Motorola Mobility turned to 151 Advisors to help its newly formed Enterprise Group develop their enterprise marketing channel strategy and then design, create and execute on building a national reseller channel and distribution program. The focus of the project was to position Motorola Mobility as a leader in the enterprise and vertical market channels by executing a plan to identify, qualify premier value-added channel partners who would stock, bundle and distribute Motorola smartphones and the Zoom tablet product.
The 151 team designed and created all of the components needed for the launch and deployment of a successful program. The 151 team used its executive-level industry connections to introduce the offers to leading distributors and resellers, and as a result, Motorola Mobility executed agreements with Ingram Micro, Synnex and CDW.
- Researched the top vertical markets and VAR targets for reseller partnerships
- Developed a channel partner awareness campaign for enterprise resellers that included demo units, product overviews, sales tools and a product/software roadmap
- Designed and rolled out a new ISV and VAR program to attract new enterprise channel partners
- Conducted analysis on carrier activation pricing and commission strategy with detailed financial analysis
- Created a reseller portal for Motorola channel partner management and marketing teams
- Executed partnership outreach to leading distributors and resellers to develop the enterprise sales channel
- Developed a sales incentive program for the distributors and channel partners
Working with 151 Advisors, Motorola Mobility’s Enterprise Group was able to quickly sign Ingram Micro, Synnex and CDW as national channel partners and roll-out a complete and detailed enterprise program that resulted in sales of tens of thousands of smartphone and tablet devices being sold through resellers. This allowed Motorola Mobility to position itself in the enterprise and vertical market channels as a leader with quality products, support programs, competitive pricing and complete solutions.