Quickoffice was the worldwide leader in mobile office applications for professionals, business, education and consumers. The Quickoffice application has been installed on over 450 million devices in more than 180 countries.
The award-winning software allows mobile professionals to view, edit and create Microsoft Office documents (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) on their mobile device.
Quickoffice faced growing pains in increasing its customer base and developing a sustainable business model. The senior leadership engaged 151 Advisors based on its experience building successful mobile technology companies and expertise in taking products and services to market.
The 151 team ran product management for the mobile cloud-based productivity platform, positioning the company for high visibility and an eventual acquisition. Ultimately, this resulted in the launch of the company’s connected productivity service Connect by Quickoffice but also included a comprehensive set of strategy and product management services during the three-year engagement.
Engagement & Execution
- Conducted research and analysis on the market environment, competitive products and services
- Created strategic roadmap for platform and product management
- Developed corporate and product branding, positioning and market differentiation
- Generated a corporate strategy with a build vs. buy analysis of corporate and product opportunities
- Served as strategic advisory to C-level executives
- Developed marketing plans, brand building collateral and promotional documentation
The 151 Advisors team helped Quickoffice transition from a purely mobile software provider to a cloud services company
that launched Connect by Quickoffice in 2012 and became the most sought after mobile software in the world.
As part of its management and brand visibility work, 151 Advisors helped Quickoffice evaluate and court potential
buyers for the company, which ultimately led to the company’s acquisition by Google in June 2012.
151 Advisors provided support to integrate Quickoffice into
Google Drive and strengthen Google’s office suite product offering Google Docs.
“Quickoffice turned to 151 Advisors for their experience building successful mobile technology companies and expertise in taking products and services to market.”