SmrtGuard was one of the first and most comprehensive mobile security suites on the market for managing a broad range of security and privacy threats on smartphones and tablets. Protection included malware scanning, SIM security, remote device locate and wipe, and personal safety features (family locator, remote camera control and emergency alerts).
SmrtGuard turned to 151 Advisors to help transform the company from a small BlackBerry mobile application developer to a successful mobile startup with a clear growth plan, go-to-market strategy and exit plan.
With just a few thousand BlackBerry users, SmrtGuard needed help developing a go-to-market strategy to grow its user base, executing a global business development plan to create new sales and marketing channels, establishing a clear product roadmap for expansion of features and new operating systems, and creating a plan to achieve its growth and exit strategy goal of acquisition.
151 Advisors immediately recognized SmrtGuard’s potential and put forth an aggressive go-to-market strategy, with an initial emphasis on developing BlackBerry and iPhone security apps.
Engagement & Execution
- Researched competitive product and services in the rapidly expanding mobile ecosystem
- Developed business model, growth plan and user acquisition strategy to create foundation for a successful exit strategy
- Created corporate and product branding, positioning and marketing collateral to drive user acquisition
- Designed and executed product promotion strategy
- Generated channel sales strategy and execution with OEMs, Wireless Carriers, and ISVs
- Advised on the procurement of a public relations and analyst relations firm
Dramatically increased SmrtGuard’s user base from just a few thousand users to nearly one million users by launching iPhone and Android applications.
Introduced SmrtGuard to several potential strategic partners that finally lead to acquisition by Exclaim Mobility (now Snap My Life, Inc.), a leader in the mobile application and service space
Developed strategic sales channels and marketing partnerships
with Wireless Carriers and distributors in North American, European, Asian and Latin American Markets
“151 Advisors immediately recognized SmrtGuard’s potential and put forth an aggressive go-to-market strategy with an initial emphasis on developing BlackBerry and iPhone security apps“